Fri, Jul 13|
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
San Antonio YA Training
We have some exciting news to share about the Youth Ambassador Program. Like last year, TAA will be hosting a second Youth Ambassador Training from July 13-14, 2018 at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas.
Time & Location
Jul 13, 2018, 7:00 PM – Jul 14, 2018, 11:00 PM
Grand Hyatt San Antonio, 600 E Market St, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
About the Event
We have some exciting news to share about the Youth Ambassador Program. Like last year, TAA will be hosting a second Youth Ambassador Training from July 13-14, 2018 at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas. The CDC has again agreed to fund this second YA Training. We are encouraging all teens that are qualified to apply.
Applications are currently being accepted, please visit www.tourette.org/youth-ambassador. The application deadline is June 1st.
Please note there are a few differences in the CDC-sponsored YA Training compared to the traditional YA Training in Arlington, VA:
There will be no Chapter-funded YAs, as TAA, through the CDC grant, will cover the costs for all YAs.
National will forward YA applications to the corresponding Chapter or Support Group.
An internal committee at National TAA will select applicants.
• Youth must be between the ages of 12 and 17.
• A parent/ guardian must attend the training with the Youth Ambassador.
The CDC will cover the costs of the San Antonio YA training. The following are covered
• Hotel accommodations for the night of Friday, July 13 for the YA team (additional nights at the team’s personal expense).
• Transportation (e.g. airfare, train ticket, mileage reimbursement) up to $700 total per YA team (teen and parent/guardian).
• Transportation to the Meet & Greet at The Cherrity Bar.
• Training-sponsored meals for YA team.
• Training program materials.
At attendee’s own expense (Costs NOT covered by the Tourette Association):
• Hotel charges for any nights that are part of an extended stay.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.